Are You a Carer?
If you are then please let us know – we may be able to help you.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring; below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- A guide to care and support – Information for carers and people who have care & support needs.
- Caring for someone – Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital – Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- Taking a break – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Support and benefits for carers – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Work and Disability – Guidance, support and help with employment issues.
- Being a Young carer – Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers – Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role.
- Benefits for the person you care for – Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Death and benefits – How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits.
- Managing someone’s legal affairs – Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after.
- Other benefits – Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring.
- Personal and household finance – Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers.
- Social fund
- Tax credits – Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible.
Contact Carers Direct
0808 802 0202
Email: [email protected]
Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.